I had this thought today, as I was trying to brush away my prenatal vitamin flyaway hairs, and keep my eyes open from a second sleepless night, "Is this really worth not having to live paycheck to paycheck?"
I'm tired and I'm convinced that if I could just sleep and lay around, or pause, that I wouldn't feel so sick and this wouldn't seem like such a monumental task.
I reassured myself that it wasn't and that today only feels hard because of the 12 hours of sleep I've missed out on over the last 2 days.
and then....
I was sold a stale bagel.
and then....
They were out of pancake batter at the school cafeteria.
and THEN...
I saw a little girl in a hospital crib, all alone in her room, who looked just like mine.
...and I completely fell apart.
I'm home now, waiting for my little family to get here too. I should be studying, or cleaning, or doing laundry...something a little more productive than a blog post. Oh well. Tonight, it's all about the little things, and I'm thankful for leftovers, the 4 packages of boxers I just brought home for someone who currently has none that are clean, that I remembered to buy zip lock bags at the store this time, and for the tiny box of milk duds sitting in the pantry.
Emmelia Anne
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment